Thursday, April 22, 2010

Inspired

The thing that I am possibly most proud of this year is my involvement in our Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee. I have been granted the unique opportunity to learn from and provide perspective to a group of parents whose commitment to their children is unwavering. At the same time, I feel that I am representing my dedication to their students and the idea that education is truly a team effort.

Yesterday we held our last organized event, a workshop featuring the fantastic and powerful Ferney Ramirez, a psychologist and inspirational speaker. His books, videos, and tapes are geared towards providing a model of parenting that gives parents back the power to create guidelines and be the life model that they hope their children will emulate when asked to make decisions for themselves later in life. While I am constantly in conflict about my own place in a teaching world without having personal parenting experience, I can not begin to express the amount of good that I get out of knowing and learning what I hope to implement in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment