Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Getting Myself into Trouble

I'm not sure why I have a compulsive need to continue to use the internet as a way of expressing myself. I think it has something to do with the incredible comfort I found three years ago when I found other educators with great ideas and a community that I really felt like I could be a part of. There is perhaps nothing more amazing to share in than a group of people who can talk about what they do in an educated and informed (and often humorous) way!

That said, I signed up for Twitter using the same name that I blog under. This means that it is going to be increasingly difficult to stay off the grid from people in my real-life professional circle. I wish that didn't concern me but I have learned from experience that people can become very threatened when they perceive that they are being exposed in a public way, even when they are not mentioned by name and that the intent of the blog at hand is simply to commune with and learn from peer educators.

I will never continue to learn and grow as a teacher and I still maintain that this is a wonderful outlet for that process. That said, you can all remind me of my poor choices if I find myself once again looking for a new teaching position at the end of this year. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I totally get it. You be who you are and rock at it. If there ever is an issue with other folks, you can always go "underground." It's the only way I have been able to express what I truly feel and not get into trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of THOUGHT that I was underground back in the day. Apparently there was one thing that connected my name with my blog and someone found it! Still, I never blog with my name, the school name, nor the students' names. Thanks for the words of encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete