Monday, May 24, 2010

Out There Looking

Previously, I kind of thought my duty as an educator was to help screen candidates in order to find the best person to work with/understand our student population with a willingness to collaborate and work cooperatively on an ever growing and changing team.

I learned today that that is simply not true. It is so much worse than that.

Today I met three fantastic candidates. They are each beautiful and fantastic individuals who are all trying to make it in the worst job market my lifetime has ever seen. As I sit from my cushy side of the conference table, I just feel my heart breaking for all of the candidates that will be seen who are more than passionate and qualified, but who will be left out in the cold when our time here is done.

This decision sucks and I feel like a bad person.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete